Love. Relationships. It's gotta be the most confusing thing out there

I know, it's life. And it's supposed to have it's ups and downs. But crap. LOL
I recently filed for divorce. I was so angry for so long, about a year and a half. Then while actually doing paper work and having started the hand offs with the kids. I think reality began to set in. And question myself. So I called my husband today that I am confused, lost, still angry at what he did, but agree we should attempt counseling.
Who has done marrige counseling, be it through a therapist or a pastor/religious advisor and found that it truely did save your marriage? Were you able to get it out there and find how to work better as a couple? Or do you think it took your relationship to also get to a breaking point to be able to step back and look at what you really wanted.....then be able to move forward. Hope that makes sense. Or did you attempt the counseling, remain seperated, and find the marriage still didn't work? I never thought it would or could get this damn confusing. But I guess it is part of life and growing and personality changes.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 6:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• It is confusing but you're doing the right thing. You're not totally sure so there's still feelings there. Attempt the counselling and see how it goes. To walk away from a marriage is painful and if I ever had to i would want to know it was my last resort, I had tried everything.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I've never been there, but wanted to say Good luck!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We did counseling, but just to improve things, we've never been anywhere near separating. I was very disappointed with the counseling, I don't really think it helped us out much. Fortunately, we're both committed to each other, we just have some communication challenges it would be REALLY nice to iron out! I DO believe there are good/great marriage counselors out there, and I definitely think it's worth giving it a try! Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• did therapy with an ex (not married, but child together)
    we went twice
    it made me realize that there was nothing more i could do
    i ended it

not a great ending in my case but does not mean yours will not work in your favor

hugs
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011