For those of you ladies who have done a 5K

My first one is tomorrow. I'm excited and a lil nervous. If you have any tips/advice I'd love to hear it!
I was suppose to go with my friend but some personal things came up for her so I am doing this alone which is why I'm a little nervous.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 6:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You'll do great. I love race day..it's fun to feed off the energy of all the other competitors.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You'll do fine, if you have been training and running that distance on your own. And remember, you aren't the first one out there who is alone in doing it the first time. Good for you!!!! I just recently started running again. My goal is to get to be able to enter a 5K. Yesterday I just hit over 2 miles of running. I just started a couple weeks ago. I am doing it for stress relief and the physical aspect.....loving it again.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 6:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Pace yourself and don't psych yourself out. Make sure you eat a good meal tonight and a light one in the morning, along with plenty of water beforehand.
    And have a great time and be proud of yourself for getting out there. Yay for you!!!!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You'll be fine!! Look for your pace in the masses at the start, and don't take yourself too seriously. Just enjoy it, but do push yourself. Have a great time! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!! I have one on the 23rd, but I'm nursing a foot injury and probably won't be able to run it now...:-(
    I love 5Ks! I guess I'll be looking for some more on active.com since I'm probably out for this one now...bleh. I was really looking forward to killing my personal best too.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 6:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• About 4 years ago I stopped running. I was a runner for most of my life. I can't run a whole 5K, but talk lil walk breaks. My goal is to improve my time. Whatever its gonna be tomorrow I want to cut off at least 10mins by the time I do the last one in June.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Relax, enjoy yourself and good luck!! You'll do great! 5k's are awesome!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2011