How can I relieve backpain??

I'm 25 weeks and I know it's only going to get worse but nothing seems to help. my SO gives me massages but the past two days have been crazy unbearable to the point i'm in tears when i move..maybe i am just a big baby! lol. I had to call into work today=( if anyone has tips that has helped them i would love to hear

gummy714

Asked by gummy714 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• invest in a heating pad. you can get an inexpensive one at walgreens
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• heating pads aren't recommended for too long during pregnancy. Call a few local chiropractors that treat pregnant women. I LOVED going to my chiro during pregnancy, they have special tables with a hole for your belly....lol it was nice just laying on my front side for awhile, he even let me take a nap once afterwards on it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would suggest pregnancy yoga! It might take a couple weeks to take effect, but the yoga will help align your body and help proportion the baby's and your belly weight so it's not taking such a toll on your back. Also, throughout the day, get on all fours and then bring your front end down to your elbows so your head is lower than your butt. This will take the baby's weight off your back and give you a little relief as well.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Pregnany yoga/stretches?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Thanks I will def give yoga a try! I use a heating pad for about 15 minutes at a time but it only relieves the pain during that time and I know they are not recommended for much longer:(
    gummy714

Comment by gummy714 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• How much do chiropractic visits usually run?
    gummy714

Comment by gummy714 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Chiropractors or even prenatal massages can help. Also, warm baths are good before bed to help loosen your back up. Many women find a maternity support belt helps their back pain, too. You can also take Tylenol and Benadryl for pregnancy back pain. (Benadryl may seem weird to take for your back, but it loosens up those muscles.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I wonder if you are having issues with your sciatic nerve? If it is any consolation, that doesn't necessarily "get worse" the bigger you get. With my 2nd I had sciatic nerve issues and eventually she must have just moved off of it or grew away from it, because I was better toward the end.

I LOVE pools if you have access to one. Taking the weight off your back for a while is awesome. How about a hot bath (short) before your dh rubs your back? See if your doctor minds you using IcyHot or BioFreeze. Sometimes being on your hands and knees will relieve some of the pressure. I know I have to change positions constantly, and none are really "comfortable", just better than others. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011