Help!!

My fiance & I live with my mom and her bf in a really small two bedroom 1 bath apartment. Theres no room whatsoever to put the things we need in order to bring our baby here. My mother has talked about moving to my grandmothers house but in order to do that, the house needs LOTS of work, including an addition bein added. Our daughter is due in August and I dont think theres enough time based on everyones work scheduls to have it finished in time fgor her arrival. My fiances grandmothers says we can move into her house where we wold have 2 bedrooms and a bathroom to ourselves which would give us plenty of room for our daughter. The problem here is weve only been together 13 months and Im not really comfortable around his family. When I tell him I dnt want to move to her house he gets upset with me and it has caused numerous arguments. Im torn between staying cramped in this apartment and moving to his grandmothers. What do you ladies feel would be the right thing to do?

LilMama0620

Asked by LilMama0620 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I guess i would have to consider the reason why you aren't comfortable with her? May be good to step outside that box a little! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Its like when Im at his grandmothers house his lil sister, who also lives there, is always ridin my coat tails, shes 17 years old keep in mind, and I dont think I would have any personal space.
    LilMama0620

Comment by LilMama0620 (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Wow, I would be uncomfortable with many aspects of the situation:
    1) living with relatives or in-laws is rarely a good idea unless it's desperately need and should be TEMPORARY.
    2) If i was about to marry a man and give him a child, it would be a big deal to me whether or not he could provide for us!
    3) A man who gets mad at his pregnant fiance for not feeling totally comfortable with his family... red flag!

Now, are you uncomfortable with his family just because you don't know them well, or are there specific things that make you uncomfortable? Either way, if it were me, whatever I chose, I would want to be working towards having my own place VERY soon. It's too hard for family/in-laws to mind their own business when you have your own family. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I love his family. Its just small things that I feel could turn into big problems. Like no personal space but only cause his younger sister.
    I no very well he could provide ofr us, there are just other major expenses that must be paid b4 we can have a place of our own.
    The reason he gets upset with me over not wanting to move out there is because his grandmother may not be with us much longer and he would love to be with her as much as he possibly could and he feels as if I dont care that he may lose her.
    LilMama0620

Comment by LilMama0620 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Did you ever stop to think maybe he is uncomfortable cramped up with your mom & bf too?? ( just saying) As far as his sister... tell her to knock on the door, or that you've got stuff to do is there something she needs?? She may just be wanting to chat about stuff. If it becomes too much you can always go back to your moms....
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Do whats best for your baby cause guess what its not about you anymore sweetie meanwhile try to get to know them and see if that help with your feeling
    benitaapplebomb

Answer by benitaapplebomb at 6:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011