Baby shower

How far along were you when you had your baby shower?
Did you have a female only shower, or where males invited too?

LilMama0620

Asked by LilMama0620 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I only had showers with my first and I had them too late. I stupidly planned them for around 36 weeks, thinking that'd give me plenty of time before the baby was born. Wrong. She was born at 35 weeks. Most of my showers were men and women because we had lots of couple friends. We also didn't want to exclude our male friends that weren't married yet, so we made it for guys and girls. It was actually a lot more fun that way. More of a party atmosphere than a shower atmosphere, which was very welcome to me.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 6:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was 8 months along with my first child and my MIL planned an all female party but DH really wanted to be apart of it so i brought him along so glad i did he had so much fun and it was great seeing how excited he was over all the new baby stuff. Now we are expecting another child and are planning more of a couples party with all our friends and there kids
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 6:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• the mother to my bf planned it for me it was two months before i was due and i never was lucky to have another one with my second baby because no one would help me and i couldn't plan one by myself with no help but try to do it month to two months early and mine were both male and female
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was 7 months along and it was for ladies only
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was 7 months and it we didn't discriminate, if they wanted to go then no prob. Why should the guys be left out of the fun?
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 8:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have THROWN many showers. Usually about 1-2 months before the baby is due to help them get their nursery in order.

If you're going to invite males, I suggest no games - just food and drinks. It's all about the mom ripping open her presents.
    annc999

Answer by annc999 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Annc why not have games if guys are there?? The guys had a lot of fun when we did it at mine.

Maybe very few guys aren't into it but there are a lot that are.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 12:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i had my shower at 35 weeks and it was all girls..except for the boys that my friends had but they were all under 7
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am having my baby shower on May 1st, and I will be between 31 and 32 weeks. I am making it a jack and jill ( guys and girls), and I have games planned and everything. It really just depends on your prefrence of who you want to invite really.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 12:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011