What should I wear for the ceremony?

Haha I'm guessing this is a bit of an Odd question, but I'm on a cruise ship and were going to be "crossing the line" (equator) tomorrow and for the ceremony I don't know what to wear. Basically it's where everyone who has never crossed the equator before has to make a "sacrifice" haha. The sacrifice in this case is you get messy with the "kitchen leftovers" poured all over you (supposedly they make it sound worse than it is, it's really not gross. Although you DO get super messy I hear). And then after you're messy you get dunked in the pool.

So yeah... Idk what to wear. Traditionally you're supposed to get pretty dressed up for it, just because the ceremony is a big deal, everyone is watching, and you should look your best for it. I def want to dress up at least a bit, because I know many people will be.

What do you think I should wear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i think something dressy but comfortable and definitley something that you don't mind getting possibly completely stained!! sounds like a fun thing tho so jealous your on a cruise!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Rubber?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would do full hair and make up, and worry less about going all out on the outfit. Wear something pretty and dressed up, but nothing you would be devastated to have ruined.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If you have a cute dress that looks dressy but is easily washed, that's probably what I would wear. Something I definitely wouldn't mind if it got ruined or that is easily replaced. Sounds exciting.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would say that that I have already crossed the equator plenty of times and watch everyone else get dirty.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 8:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would try something you are willing to ruin but also dressy. Go with slacks and a dress shirt.
    smileynikki712

Answer by smileynikki712 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Get a cheap sundress that you don't mind getting trashed lol
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2011