C-section recovery

How many of you have had a c-section? How long did it take for your recovery? I know what the standard time frame is for the healing process, but realize some people get back up and running sooner than others. I'm curious to hear how it went for others.

mmsfirstone

Asked by mmsfirstone at 6:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• i had two c-sections and i recovered pretty quick from them but i have a pretty high threshold for pain. I barely took the pain meds they gave me and i was up and doing housework the same day i came home
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was good to go from the day I came home...4 days.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was back to my 4 mile walks about 2 weeks post partum. Still took a few more weeks to totally get back to normal, but I had a pretty smooth recovery.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• With my first it was months, but I had complications. With my 2nd I felt so good after a week that I was up and doing WAY too much. I ended up rupturing my incision, and wasn't allowed to drive for 6 months!!

No matter how good you feel, do what your doctor says. You don't want to do damage!

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I felt pretty good right away. Was doing stairs within a few days. I did follow doctor's orders as far as when to drive, etc. And I had help with cooking and laundry for 2 weeks between my mom, MIL, and husband.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was up and walking the next day. I took it easy, for about 2 weeks, but i never had pain, and i was getting my baby out of her crib by myself after 3 days. It was a very easy recovery for me.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• it's amazing how it can vary from person to person. I know I get antsy and have to force myself to take it easy. it's been two weeks now and I feel pretty good. I take a walk or am out and about a little bit every day. I didn't need the pain meds for too long either (not even a week). and it's funny I normally have a low tolerance for pain but with this whole experience, I've kinda changed that. lol
    mmsfirstone

Comment by mmsfirstone (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i was given the good by the doctor at six weeks but in reality it was longer like 4 months.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 7:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• my first one 3 weeks and my second was 4 days
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was up and about 3 days after...2 weeks before I was driving...had help around the house for 2 weeks..
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011