What religon do you follow and why?

Just curious. :)

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• None and because I just can't force myself to believe in anything.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm still looking. I have a feeling I always will be.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm taking a religious hiatus. Every time I think I've found what works for me I find that it's just another religion that demands blind obedience and questions are not allowed.

"My religious beliefs are my religious beliefs. I do not expect you to believe the same things I do. I DO expect you to treat me with the same dignity and respect that you would ANY human being." ~~Me, March 24, 2011
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Hinduism, cuz I love everything about it!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 7:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was born and raised Hindu. I married into a Sikh family/Household.. these are the 2 religions I am most active in, the two in which I celebrate holidays/festivals/celebrations..etc. Many of my core beliefs do stem from Hinduism.

However, I do not devoutly follow or believe in 1 single religion/religious philosophy. I have yet to find 1 that I believe in every single thing it teaches/preaches with every ounce of me being. Nor have I have found 1 single religion that I would willingly, devoutly and joyfully follow every single tenent of said religion. I have lived in many countries, been exposed to and have experienced many a religion in my 48 years on this earth. I have found so much good, love, wisdom, comfort, etc.. in every religion I have ever studied/been exposed to or experienced first hand. I'm a firm believer in "All is one", all are a path to God/Enlightenment.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm an Eclectic Pagan. I was raised Christian, I've studied many religions, and forging my own path is just what felt right. Nothing else really makes sense to me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am Jewish, so is DH and the kids. We practice very differently than the way that either of us were raised, though we were both brought up Jewish.

We are constantly exploring within our religion and finding new and rich ways to express our beliefs. This includes eating ethically as well as kosher and taking classes about how to bring G-d into our daily lives.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am an Electric Wiccan - Witch... meaning.. I believe in balance in the divine (Mother Goddess and Father God),
    I follow the basics of the Religion Wicca, but draw/use parts from other Pagan beliefs
    and I practice the Art of Witchcraft...

Why? Bc it fits me as I it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I primarily consider Naturalistic Pantheism (sometimes called Scientific Pantheism), Buddhism, and to some extent Taoism as my primary paths. I have always had a pantheistic view of the concept of God, even as a child when I was a Christian and later when I was Wiccan. I do not literally believe in a supernatural, personal, anthropomorphic, creator god or gods, but I have awe and reverence for the Universe and forces within Nature (e.g. energy, the Tao). I have studied several religions and find some 'universal truths' within many of them, but after years of exploration and study I feel like a combination of these paths is the best fit for me personally. I tend to think all paths are valid and believe different cultures just have different names or slightly different practices to relate to reality and their idea of the 'divine. Generally, most people strive to be better people and live life with loving-kindness and compassion.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• None because I have no valid reasons to follow any religion or any diety.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011