I think I may get arrested tonight!!

my ex husband and i are divorced. He hasnt seen his children in 10 months. YES 10 MONTHS! He is behind 15,000 on CS. He knows that EVERY Year my family and I go on vacation. EVERY YEAR! Last year I sneaked to our vacation spot with my kids bc I KNEW he would never allow it. (He was very emotionally abusive and VERY controlling!) He nearly had a fit when he found out I went out of the county with the kids. Only three hours away on the plane.

Anyways. My kids went on vaca with my mother again this year, and they are coming back tomorrow night.
Well the cops came to the house, and I freaked and lied to the cop about where they were. In my agreement we signed that neither parent take the children out of the county without the others consent. I KNEW, and KNOW my ex wouldnt have allowed it...

Anyways. They said that this case is not over until an officer see's the children. They wont be able to see them bc they are a plane ride away till tomorrow!
My lawyer said they cant take me to jail for lying, to just come clean... but Im SCARED!
I freaked out! I keep looking out my window to see when they come back!!

Can they take me to jail tonight for lying???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• No you will be ok. Don't worry
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I dont know. I would go stay at a friends house or a Motel for the night. That way how can they do anything to you. I hope it goes well for you. You know that you can also have the fathers rights taken away if he dosnt contact the kids after so long of him not seeing them. I almost did that for my oldest son, but the jerk called and messed it up.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Probably not for lying....but maybe for letting your mom take them away without his consent.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• @Amber- My lawyer did say to go to a motel.. but then he said not to bc it would be more fishy.. so now its a "wellness" case, and to just come clean.
    My ex wont contact my kids for awhile, then just like your ex, he calls and messes it all up!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I would just not be home until you can produce your kids and I would get your agreement modified so you can take a freakin vacation - I mean come on.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I know I cant EVER take a great vacation!! Dh and I plan on moving to another state, but I can tell its not going to be easy!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Cant you tell the cops they are at a friends house, or another family members house instead of out of the country? That way you are only half lying.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• @Ambear- My ex even called my MOTHERS county, and now that county is involved as well. They sent an officer to my mothers house, and he went in and checked the whole house for the kids...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• They are with your mother. That is all they need to know. If they ask where your mother is just tell them you are not her keeper. They might have gone to a movie or something. Besides it says "neither parent takes them out without permission " does not say anything about GRANDparents taking the kids on a vacation without permission. I would probably just do as the lawyer advised and tell them the kids are with the grandparents until tomorrow night. The whole situation sucks. i'd file for sole custody since he has not been around in 10 months. If he doesn't see his kids he should have no say in where they can or cannot go.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• @2autisticsmom- I feel the SAME way! He is not there for them. Me and their step father care for these little boys.. he is just trying to make my life a living hell.. and you made a great point, it NEVER said anything about grandparents not being able to take them...!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011