How to cope with overwhelming sadness?

I'm feeling really sad. One minute I'm okay and the next I'm just bawling my eyes out. My boyfriend who I just broke up ( of 3 yrs) is going to school. He's going to school for 3 yrs. We decided we just break up to do our own things and just see where it goes from there. I understand these is for the best right now. I keep on telling myself that and it makes the sadness feel a little bit better. I just feel like shit still. I would be hanging out with my friends and family right now. But they live 7 hrs from me. I do plan on going to see them once I get my income tax done.( if I have enough). I know it's not the end of the world, but I feel overwhelming sadness. I find hardly anything is making me feel better. I wanna drink, but know it 's not gonna help.

Thanks,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• HUGS TO YOU!!!!! I cant help you but I can offer a hug. So here is a cyber hug for you!
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I KNOW just how you feel. My SO and I met over 5.5 years ago - neither one of us wanted or meant to have a long distance relationship but that is what it turned into - after a while together we kind of both said "this is too hard" so we jointly broke it off just like you. I was CRUSHED, HEARTBROKEN - I felt like someone had extinguished the pilot light of my soul.........we left it open but we did not continue talking or anything - just broke it off cold turkey. That last about 3 months and then fate brought us back together and we have been together and happy ever since. You never know what will happen in the future, we ended up dating long distance for 3.5 years and then finally moved to same city. So a long distance relationship CAN work, if tended and both parties are trustworthy. Keep yourself busy with HEALTHY distractions, not drinking and hang in there. You never know what life has in store! HUGS
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I mentioned the whole idea about a long distance right now and he said " Lets just wait and see". That's the kinda attitute he has. I feel confident I could handle it. I'm not as insecure as I was before when he had long distance issues before
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011