Trading services..would you do this?

so i got a note today saying "hi, i have a bobcat and would like to help fix your yard." so... we've been interested in doing this for a while but have always had bigger projects. We just dont use our yard that much right now. Anyhow, i told dh he should give this guy a call and ask about trading services. that he could do some yard work for us in his spare time and my dh could repair his cars. my dh does this for side work. would you do this? do you think it would be dumb for my dh to mention it?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• sounds like a great idea!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• oh & actually, i did something similar, except it was babysitting for babysitting.
    knicole0708

• I think it sounds like a great idea.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I think it would be ok. Why not?
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 7:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It sounds good.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 7:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We trade services all the time, but only with friends/people we know. Like, a friend who does insulation did our attic, and DH helped him roof. Things like that. I'd be leery of someone just saying they wanted to fix my yard, personally!
    Anonymous

• Absolutely do it!! That sounds like a fantastic idea and great that you guys can do stuff like that!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sounds like a great idea to me!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sounds like a good idea to me! My DH does stuff like this all the time. It won't hurt to ask, anyway. The worst the guy can do is say no. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011