Does anyone else talk to thier dog like they are people? lol

I absolutly LOVE my chihuahua Tobasco....he is like my little baby and I talk to him like he's a person....I don't mean "who's a good doggy? you are!" I mean I hold conversations with him lol...I ask him why he's acting like that when he's doing something weird...if he mistakes the TV doorbell for the door I tell him that it's just the TV and he needs to calm down LOL....I know in my heart that he can understand me....I also know I probably made myself sound like a crazy person to the majority of CM mama's lol but that's okay... I can deal with that lol

OH! and if that's not enough to make me sound like a weirdo I also refer to him as Kelley's brother HA HA HA

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pets

• What???? since when are they not people? HA HA - if anyone saw me at home alone with my dog when I bored they might lock me up in the looney bin
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• you mean they aren't people??? shhh, don't tell them, LOL
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• That is not weird at all. Our dog loves when I talk to her. She calls my mom gma and everything.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• LOL! My mother used to have a dog she referred to as our sibling- his name was Chubby! He was the cutest thing. I miss him now :( But to answer your question, yes, I carry on conversations with my cats and both my dogs. They are a part of the family too!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• My Chi/Yorkie has No Idea she is a Dog- i talk to her more than i talk to Anyone! LOL:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I talk to all of my critters that way. The dogs, the cats, the donkey, the goats, the chickens, the bunnies, the pigs. Mine are all oddballs anyway. I've got a dog that grunts like a pig, pigs that bark like dogs, a duck that tries to crow with the roosters, and a little buckling that makes a noise that sounds more like mama than maaaaaaaa, lol. They all respond like they understand, and not one of them believes for an instant that they aren't part of the family.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I talk to my dogs and cats all the time like they r people and they do understand!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Talk to mine all the time
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I talk to Diesel all the time. He is part of the family after all.
    IncognitoOne

Answer by IncognitoOne at 11:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 2, 2011