How should parents face the fact that vaccines can cause brain damage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Mrs. Anon #1.....if you vax your kids, then aren't they protected from us brainless ladies who dont vax our kids?

Answer by Renee3K 3 hours ago

***************************
    Babies are not vaccinated for measles and a few others until they are at least one year old and they could catch measles from an older child who has NOT been vaccinated.
    THAT is the big mistake parents make....they only care that they decided NOT to let their kids be vaccinated and they forget there are so many babies out there who haven't even had a chance for THEIR vaccinations yet. It is extremely rare for vaccinations to harm children . Truthfully, to not allow them to be protected from childhood diseases and polio is irresponsible, foolish.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Says who? If you have a valid fact and proof of it then post a link. Otherwise, don't alarm other parents with what your beliefs. Vaccines are extremely important. Vaccines prevent a lot of diseases, some that are diseases that can cause death.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 7:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The same way responsible parents who vaccinate handle parents too brain damaged to vaccinate their kids and risk our healthy kids lives.
    Anonymous

• You mean kind of like how measles encephalitis can cause brain damage? You take a chance no matter what choice you make.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Ill bet this is just someone trying to start shit..really? Posting anon, no details to the question and no link. If vaccinations caused braindamage we'd have to sign a disclamer. Spare me...
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• ok...we get it...you're paranoid of the sun and vaccines...what else are you going to ask??? My daughter gets vaxed BECAUSE of the research that I have done. It's my daughter and my choice. It sounds like your kids are in a giant bubble....I feel sorry for the little ones who will contract diseases b/c their parents choose not to protect them..it's only a matter of time until these epidemics start again b/c of unvaxed kids.,....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The same way that ever parent has to face the fact that :

this that and the other can POTENTIALLY harm their child.. Accept that it is a part of the reality of life.. Accept that even the best informed, most well meaning intentions and choices don't always turn out for the best.. Accept that with just about every single decision we make as parents have both a negative and positive potential outcomes.

Once all things are accepted, then each parent has to make whatever choices/decisions they personally feel is in the best interest of their child.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• What percentage, Renee, of whooping cough deaths are in vaccinated people? Whooping cough is ever more severe in unvaccinateds. While there is a slight chance you can still contract the disease when you have been immunized, it is a much milder form. The people dying are unvaccinateds and babies too young to be protected. That is a herd immunity issue.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• DD has been vaccinated on schedule from the get-go and she's now 5 without any brain damage.

Think I'll take my chances on vaccines...definitely better than Measles or Polio, IMHO.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I guess it is the choice between two evils...

They do NOT cause brain damage in EVERY child
    and
    Not getting them could cause your child his/her life.

So do you take your chance with the brain damage or with a virus?????

I have 3 kids, all have been fully vacinated (teens) and not one of them has had brain damage... and not one of them has gotten sick... so maybe Im one of the lucky few. But I would take my chances vacinating again.
    Anonymous