How much t.v. do you allow your preschooler to watch?

My kids would watch t.v. 24/7 if I allowed them. Just wanted to know what other moms allow their children to watch t.v.

smileynikki712

Asked by smileynikki712 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids watch about an hour of tv in the morning... the tv is on but they dont watch it the whole time... then we watch a movie as a family after dinner and baths, to calm them before bed.... i would say about 2 or 3 hours a day.... Doctors say no more than one hour a day but nobody is perfect...
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 12:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I don't allow my children to watch more than 30 minutes at a time and usually only a couple times a day.. So in total maybe 2 hours at the most. Now if we are having family time and we watch a movie together then that is different.
    crgarcia294

Answer by crgarcia294 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• About 2-3 hours a day, broken up throughout the day. It is usually Sesame Street, Leapfrog Dvd's or something she can actually learn something from while she is enjoying watching. Nothing that she can't benefit from. On the weekend we have movie evening and we pick out one we can all watch together.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011