Do you live a simple lifestyle?

What are some of the creative ways you have to simplify your life? Let's share them...

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• The motto in our house is "keep it simple stupid".

Declutter - you probably don't need 80% of the things you have. This goes for everything ... clothes, makeup/toiletries, toys, gadgets, pots/pans, furniture, decorative accessories, credit cards, paperwork, and on and on. Declutter your surroundings and you declutter your mind.

Scrutinize where you spend your time and make adjustments accordingly ... time is one thing you can't make more of but something you can use more efficiently. So many people are dashing from one place to the next that they don't enjoy even a minute of their day. Decide where and on what you want to expend your energy; cut out everything else.

Go back to basics - think of how you spent time with your grandparents or parents and how they did things. Try to incorporate some of that in your own life as well.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Depends on what your idea of the "simple life" is..lol

We have always lived in small spaces because having lived in other countries we learned bigger isn't always better. Also, we have never had a need or desire for a big living space.

We haven't owned any sort of vehicles in over 20 years. Live where we do not need one. Most likely will never buy another one.

We container garden many vegetables.

We do not own the latest gadgets, we do not have cable, cell phones and so on and so on.. (My husband has a work cell provided by work).

However, we live in the middle of the city and enjoy all the amenities that living in the city offers..

So, some may view us as living the simple life, others may not.. I think we just live a good life........
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Now I drive a car that transports me from point a to point b, before I use to get very upset if someone scratched my Mercedes, so me and my Civic don't mind when that happens. Sitting conversing with hubby in our yard in a swing on a cool crispy morning is as simple as it gets, and yet it means so much.

Answer by older at 8:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I donated to non profit charities, use freecycle, shop the farmer's market, sit on the patio and read and listen to the birds, being content where I am in life.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We try to keep it simple, we try to do outdoorsy things for fun and not spend a ton of money on things, but sometimes we splurge a little.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2011