Could anyone please help me??? My daughter is about 3 months old and ever since we came home from the hospital she sleeps through the night. For the past 3-4 nights though, shes been screaming when I put her to bed. She'll be out cold on my shoulder and then the minute i put her in the crib she screams!! Please help! Some advice please???

KaylynnsMommie2

Asked by KaylynnsMommie2 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sometimes kids just have a change in sleeping. try the soothing vapor bath, leaving a fan or heater on low sometimes helps. or putting a bottle in her mouth just for a sec till she falls asleep again or she could be more hungry than before try to put some cereal in her bottle before bed to fill her up more! just a thaught pat her on her back when she is in the crib and humm a lil....luluby music
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• First thing that comes to mind is gas. Lay her on her back and make her legs work like a bicycle to move about any gas bubbles that may be in there.

Also, does she have a fever, have you checked fingers and toes to make sure a hair isnt wrapped around one, redressed her, given her a warm bath, fed her?
    reallyneatgirl

Answer by reallyneatgirl at 1:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Ive fed her burped her gave her a bath. We have a bedtime routine. its Bath, bottle and bed. I thought it was a fever but when i checked it was normal for under the arm. Its breaking my heart cuz she's screaming. She doesnt sound like shes in pain though. shes crying herself hoarse. Ive changed her diaper 3 times and I put desitin on her diaper area. Im running out of idaes!
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My dd did that, I thought it was a growth spurt, Turned out to be an ear infection. She didnt have any of the normal symtoms, like fever, so take her in to be sure imo
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Oh I found out it was an ear infection by accident, she went into the doc for a normal well baby and found it then. She was fine after the anti biotics
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my daughter just started doing that. just make sure that she is full before she goes to bed and she burps real good. I have to lay mine down and just listen to her cry for about 5 minutes or until she relizes that mommy is gonna come pick her up and then she drifts to sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My 4 month old is starting to do this... after his routine, if he wakes up before it's time to eat (like an hour after he last ate) I wrap him in a blanket and stand next to his crib and rub his forehead, down from his hairline toward his nose. works like a charm - 3 minutes and he's out cold for at least 3 hours. Oh and I sing Foo Fighter's songs while I do it - he's a big FF fan :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• SOunds like you are doing all you can do. I would take her to the ped just to rule out ear infection (that does not always come with a fever) Keep up your routine and when she starts to cry tell her she is ok rub her back a few min. and leave. In 5 min come back in rub her back a few min and leave. in 10 min do it again. Then again in 15 increase the amount of time you are gone by 3-5 min each time. She will soon learn that she is going to be fine and you always come back for her. If you are getting to stressed out then she to will get stressed out and still not sleep. Her little body just needs to figure this out. If she is still not sleeping after a few hours. Do another bottle and burp then start over at 5 min. This worked for me, not everyone every baby and parent is different.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• try getting her real sleepy but not asleep, she is now at the age where she is very aware of where she is... if she is sleepy take her to her crib... we do this with our son and he does great, we go into his room a few times.. but eventually shewill learn that she needs to go to bed...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I would take her to a chiropractor.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 10:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008