Are you on Depo?

Did you know that Depo isn't recommended to be used more than 2 two years total? It depletes the calcium from your bones. How long have you been on it and do you plan on switching?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• my daughter has been on it about 5 years and we JUST found this out - we have no idea. Her new doctor just about crapped her pants when she found out how long she has been on it. I never ever knew that until recently. Looking for viable options for her because she isn't diligent with the pill
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I used it for 6 months, gained weight every month, decided it wasn't for me. Went back to the Pill. Then after the birth of my DD, used Paragard, now TTC... Haven't heard too many good things about Depo from friends either, except you don't have to remember everyday.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 8:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i got pregnant while on the Depo. I was on it for about 3or 4 years. wow. I questioned my doctor several times about the harms of long term use, and was told every time no harm could be done!! How appalling.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had a SINGLE dose after my last child, while my husband was getting fixed. It screwed my body up SO bad. NEVER AGAIN!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I've never been on depo. Literally every one that I know that has used it has gained weight. No thank you.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I got my shot in January, just to keep me covered until I get my tubes tied next week.
    littlemama810

Answer by littlemama810 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yep I knew that. My doctor even warned me about the calcium deficiency. I drink a gallon of milk in about a day and a half so we decided it was ok for me. I've been on it now for 4 years and LOVE it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We needed to put our youngest daughter on the depo shot. There are alot of reasons why. and the OB/GYN thought this would be the best solution for her. We have to take her in every year to get her bone density checked, So if it starts to become a problem we can figure something else out.
    HeidisMom800

Answer by HeidisMom800 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Never been on it. Interesting to know.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2011