Sad

So our son is 7 months old and tonight was supposed to be our first date night since he was born. So my mom took the baby and my husband and u got in a tiff about finances and we ended up not going or doing anything. Sucks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• He's probably sad too. Go to your husband and tell him that you want to put this behind you until at least tomorrow so that you two can have a great night out together because you both truly deserve it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sorry mama. I am sure you are disappointed to have a night that was supposed to be happy and romantic turn into an argument. Chin up. Hope it gets better and you will get another shot at going out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Chalk it up to being tired and bad timing. During the first year, it's hard on everyone. Try again soon. Go out of your way to be extra nice to your hubby, even if he doesn't deserve it. It will help get things going again. I used to have money problems, too, and to avoid that type of argument, I would earn extra money on the side JUST for a date, so he couldn't say anything. We always had fun with the "free" money I earned.

Hang in there. A lot of us have been through this.
    annc999

Answer by annc999 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The nights still young..Always time for the two of you to get back on a good note and enjoy your evening together..

The choice is up to the 2 of you..Let the night be ruined by this tiff and sit and stew separately about it all night.........Or.........The two of you can choose to let that tiff go and enjoy your night together.. ((the two of you can enjoy your night together at home just as well as you could going out.. it's all about what the 2 of you are willing to put into it, not where you are at))........

Get off here and go enjoy an evening with your husband........... :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It's not too late to try to salvage the evening...give it a shot!
    Sorry, hope everything works out and you guys can enjoy an evening without the baby.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Wrap your arms around him. Tell him you love him and don't want to fight. Maybe you can still have a good evening.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• that has happened to me just waited it out alittle bit
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• =( its ok. make up for it in OTHER WAYS if you catch my drift
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 9:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Awww, sorry Momma! I hope you guys get it resolved, at least. Fighting with the DH or SO really blows.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011