34 wks prego...no weight gain in a month and measuring small for wks

no weight gain...lots of false labor symptoms...measuring small...scheduled an US for tues...had cervical exam and no probs there but doc did say baby has dropped (may be cause of small measurement) but sites with people having low amniotic fluid and the placenta aging too fast or the baby being stressed have me worried!! I suppose worst thing that can happen is they take him out...(im terrified of the idea of a c sec and hope to have him natural)...he'll be almost 35 wks then..is that too too early?

VikkiMarie12

Asked by VikkiMarie12 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Is the doc still able to get a good heartbeat with the doppler?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Every pregnancy is different, but don't be concerned about the C-section. I had one, and it was a breeze. They are performed a lot these days, and it's common. It's all about getting the baby out safely.

Take extra good care of yourself, eat hearty and healthy, and do what the doctor says. Ask about your concerns and urge them to be brutally honest with you. Ask to see your bloodwork and get copies of everything. Don't look at the negatives. God is in control, and He has a plan for everyone.

I had three miscarriages, two at 20+ weeks. it was awful, but the results of the amnio, released after the miscarriages, showed that both babies would have been mentally and physically challenged. There's a reason for everything.

My prayers are with you that you have a happy, healthy baby soon.
    annc999

Answer by annc999 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• He did check the heartbeat...160
    VikkiMarie12

Comment by VikkiMarie12 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Im right there with ya! i haven't gained weight in 2 weeks, im measuring 1.5 weeks behind but dr says baby is ok because there is a heartbeat and it is good!
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'd be pushing for a sonogram before they talk about taking you early

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• thats what my doc said last apt 2 wks ago tatymmommi...this week he made it a point to do the US...im hoping its just because he's dropped...he is very active ...so active i dont need to count kicks...ive only gained about 18 lbs the entire pregnancy and I started out at 120 5'5
    VikkiMarie12

Comment by VikkiMarie12 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• yep butterflyblue...im getting an US on tues...Im just afraid for the worst and hoping it happened to someone and everything went fine
    VikkiMarie12

Comment by VikkiMarie12 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• It happened to my MIL. She gained 5 lbs through the whole pregnancy. Measured small, etc. She delivered a happy, healthy 8lb. Baby :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• She also had lost a ton of weight in the beginning before actually putting on 5 lbs.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The baby could be siiting closer to your back then usual... if your close yo your due date and your eating normal i wouldnt worry about anything. good luck!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 10:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011