What kind of bottles did you use: Breastfeeding Moms

What kind and why? what are the pros and cons for using that type of bottle. There are so many brands and types, i'm overwhelmed once again!!!!

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 8:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Playtex Drop-ins Bottles & Nipples, with the Parent's Choice Liners because they are the same as Playtex, but lost cheaper... They cut down on air intake and easy to deal with - no deep bottles with little mouths to try and clean... Just use and toss the liners...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• same as above!
    lindsey06

Answer by lindsey06 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I didn't.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We used the Playtex Vent-aire or whatever it is with the bent neck. Neither of my children were real picky, and it was only for a few months between when they weaned and when we could start them on milk.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I used Nuk. SIL uses breast flow, or whatever it is - the double-layer nipple.
    Anonymous

• When I do use bottles, I use the medula bottles. My LO seems to like them, but when he was a little younger they seemed to have too fast of a flow for him (the nipples were newborn too). Now that he is older, he seems to like them better! :D
    bentleysmommy11

Answer by bentleysmommy11 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• If I recall correctly I used the playtex vent air, I know it was the bottles that had the nipples that resembles my breast nipples. I do know I got them from wal-mart
    asap1908

Answer by asap1908 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Avent, which is what the lactation consultant at the hospital recommended and gave me when we had problems breastfeeding my 4th. I did end up breastfeeding him for almost a year with only supplemental bottles, but the first few days were difficult and we gave him a bottle after nursing a few times.

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Really good unbiased reviews of what makes a good nipple for breastfed baby to transition to and from at http://lowmilksupply.org/nipples.shtml

Playtex Natrual Latch seems to be a favorite among lactation consultants who really know their stuff!

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We used the breastflow bottles...

The most important thing when going between breast and bottle is to find something with a very slow flow nipple so that it's not easier to take the bottle and also that the nipple you choose is similar to the breast... so usually a short nipple is best with a wide base.... there are several bottles on the market that are like that you might to buy a few to see which works best for your baby.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011