Anyone have Implanon BC? adult content

I got the Implanon implant February 21st. I started my period on the 18th of March.. and it hasn't stopped yet. A little over two weeks of bleeding? Really? I've decided I'm going to call the OB on Monday, but I'm wanting a little feedback-- who else has experienced this, or anything similar? How normal (or abnormal) is it? And last but not least, how long should I -expect- it to last..? I've read the side effects and understand that unpredictable and irregular periods do happen with Implanon.. but I didn't expect it to be a little of both.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• I've been on it since February and I have spotted here and there.. When I was on my period, it lasted 10 days and stopped but I have spotted off and on since then. it hasn't been too much of an annoyance and after your body gets used to it, things should even out. My doctor told me it is different from one person to the next but if you have any questions or concerns you should ask yours and if you're not comfortable with it you might want to try something else, after all you are in control :)
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 10:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Well I think anything like this needs time to level out - at least give it 3 months and then decide if you want it out.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• ive been on implanon since oct 2010, still havent started. i usually dont bleed while breastfeeding (which i currently am) so it didnt change anything for me. the only side effect i have is minor head aches. good luck!
    lindsey06

Answer by lindsey06 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2011