Do you accomedate all your families different taste when you cook?

Or is it...eat what I make or starve?

My husband hates onions. And most veggies.

I still use them in recipies just occcasionally in smaller quantities.I expect him to be a big boy and suck it up and eat it.just like I expect our son to eat it.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 8:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I do some consideration. I'm not going to make a 5 alarm chili when my husband is the only one who likes spicy food. But I'm not going to make 4 different meals for 4 different people.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Eat what mama makes or make yourself a pb&J - those are the options at my house.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I try to make things everyone likes, but since they were little we made the kids eat what was prepared. Because of this they like pretty much everything. The only time I will prepare more than one main dish is if we want something spicy I know the kids won't eat. BUT they must eat their veggies and main item. No picking at food is allowed either.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 9:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Eat what I make or feel free to roam the cabinets for yourself. I'm lucky though. My husband and son aren't picky and they love everything I make. I'm a "country cook". I make a meat and 3 veggies just about every day.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't go around making 5 different dinners, but I know my son hates cooked broccoli, so I will leave some out for him and he can eat it raw. my daughter is just picky, one day she likes it the next day she doesn't, so for her I fix her plate and if she chooses not to eat , then she gets nothing else the rest of the night. I know some things my kids absolutely hate, so I don't fix those often maybe when they will not be home.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I take in consideration what i know what they won't eat but I also give another option.Like my step son wont eat taco meat so instead of him not eating. He will just get plain old hamburger.I do "no thank you" bites. You get everything that I cooked but you need to try a little bite of it. if you don't like then don't eat the rest.As long as you try it. As for the husband that would also go in my house "no thank you" bites. He can at least taste for the children.
    smileynikki712

Answer by smileynikki712 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes, I do and always have, I love to cook so standing in as a short order cook is ok with me, I always aim to please.

Answer by older at 9:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I try not to cook things I know they won't eat at all. Like DH won't eat shrip so I keep it to when DS and I are the only ones eatting dinner that night. Good thing is there are not many things that they won't eat.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I don't cater to people's taste. however the veggies are on the side and not in the dish because my DH doesn't eat them either.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes because I wouldn't want to be forced to eat something I don't like either. I can be a picky eater. It runs in the family. It's no big deal to me.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011