50's Pin up style??

I'm getting my picture taken as a 50's pin up girl for our anniversary. I don't know how to do the pin up style

. Anyone here acquainted with the style??

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I'm not even sure what to wear!

Thanks!!

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think that is such an awesome idea and have been toying with that myself but I like you was a little unsure how to do my hair. So for your clothing you could do like a little baking scene with a simple white ruffled apron that had little cherries on it, some Red FM pumps holding a rolling pin. if your hair is long you do something with big curls - let me try to find a pic and i'll post what I envision.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Here's a youtube tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rl3w6g1CGc

you can just go on youtube and find endless tutorials on how to do your hair!

Good luck!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Thanks a bunch!
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• or you could sit in an office chair naked but you'll be turned so you can't see anything and you'll have your legs pulled up towards your chest holding a steno pad and pen - kind of play on naughty 1950's secretary. oh I could give you ideas on this all night! FUN
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• LOL!
    I wish my hair was that long :( that girl had gorgeous hair!
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtAluwVMVQ - how bout this circa 1950 - a la "Rosie the Riveter" - another great idea!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I like it!
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Youtube has every tutorial you need for pinup hair and makeup. One of my absolute favorite tutorials for pinup makeup is based off of a Katy Perry look and is done by Masquerade Makeup. It is really the best tutorial and the way she explains it will make it so easy to replicate. Good luck and have fun!!!
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 9:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Thanks! I'm super excited, I know he will love it!
    Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• google pinup clothes and you not only will get an idea of what wear and how to do your hair and make up too...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2011