I am considering moving to Orlando Florida. Can anyone tell me if this is a good place to move with children?

I am looking for some place that has excellent schools, transportation, work, etc. Does anyone live in Orlando, or around there? If not Orlando, where would you recommend? Any info would be helpful. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• it's a young community great for young families. One of my bosses lives there in Celebration, FL and loves it. Celebration if you have never heard about it is a disney neighborhood and very twilight zone-ish. It's like a perfect little community with houses a certain way, all with house number signs the same way - you expect the stepford wives to be waving from the porch. HA HA. It's a great area- who wouldn't want to live near the Mouse? Florida wages are shocking low though for the most part if you come from the north - so you really want to do your research before you come and our homeowners insurance is SKY high along with auto insurance. All things to consider.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am trying to move to a diffrent area myself... try looking online, you should be able to search, how the crime is, where the best schools are and any type of programs you may need..
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I was born and raised in a small suburb called Oviedo, FL. About 30 minutes from downtown Orlando, and it is FANTASTIC. Crime is low, school systems are good, and the people in the town are just generally very nice. I live in Ohio now and miss Oviedo everyday. PM me if you want to know anything specific! Other good areas to look for are Winter Springs, Altamonte, and Winter park. They are all connected to Oviedo and Orlando. Although, the last three are a little more expensive as far as property goes than Oviedo is.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Orlando is a very nice place to live. My favorite places are Downtown, Winter Park, Casselberry. To rent place is pretty cheap right now due to the housing crash. You should be able to find a decent place for under $1,000 a month. The living wages arno the best though. Most jobs start at minimum wage unless you have experience. Even with experience you're looking at $15 an hour. And that's considered really good!
    Other than that the areas that I mentionhave low crime rates. The schools are decent. An the shouldb affordable. I hope this helps! Buffy
    http://www.orlando-florida-local.com
    OrlandoFlLocal

Answer by OrlandoFlLocal at 2:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011