Collagen supplements

Do you think taking gel supplements by mouth while pregnant can reduce the chances of stretch marks?

Yes, if I get them, oh well. But if I can prevent them, trust me I will.

shynu

Asked by shynu at 9:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• stretch marks are kind of a hereditary thing. You can put all the cream (or whatever) in the world and it may keep your skin smooth and help slightly but overall if you are genetically predisposed to get them - they are coming regardless of what you do. I was blessed in that department thank goodness but I have a friend whose tummy looks like a road map and she did EVERYTHING. Luck o' the draw or unluck as the case may be.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Hereditary is a medical "theory". I asked a few doctors & there is NO solid proof it's hereditary. I hate hearing people just can't do something about it. Where there is a will, there is a way.
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011