Who gets the ROGAM (sp) shot?

If you don't know what it is then you probably don't get it but i'll explain it anyways just incase I mis spelt it. I got it with my last two pregnancys because my blood type is RH - And so my blood cells can kill the baby if the baby has a different type of blood type, so I get it during my pregnancy then after they see what type of blood my baby had and since baby number 1 and 2 both had different types the babies had to get it and so did I after I delivered them. So what I want to know is what time during the pregnancy do you have to get it done. I haven't been to the dr in over a month (because I missed my last appt) but I have one coming up and am wondering if I was suppossed to get it done already (of course I will be asking my dr since I have not had this dr before so just to make sure she knows) but I can't remember when I got it done with my other two pregnancys.

maderacaligirl

Asked by maderacaligirl at 1:11 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I got mine done at 26 weeks, but the doctor said they usually do it around 28 weeks. Another doctor in the practice had been signing me up for stuff too early, lmao. But two weeks doesn't make a difference.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• AH...ok, then i'm good...i'm only 15 weeks but couldn't remember and got worried because I didn't want anything bad to happen to my baby..thankyou
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 1:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i had to have it done w/ all my pregnancies you should bring it up and see what your dr. says....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i got mine at at 11 weeks but it might have been because i have ab- blood
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 1:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You shouldn't have gotten it at 11 weeks. I work in an OB/GYN clinic and the only time you get the shot is if you are RH Negative, they give it at 28 weeks because it is good for 12 weeks and they hope you deliver by then. Then you will get another shot upon delivery if your baby's blood type is positive. If it is negative you don't get another. I am A neg an I got one at 28 weeks my baby came out AB Neg so I didn't need another one. They will also give it to pregnant RH Negative moms who have had miscarriages or who bleed during their pregnancy.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Your babies dont get the Rhogam shot.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008