Have any of u had to go to the hospital for dehydration????

so yesterday i was at church practicing soccer bc there's going to be a tournament on the 22nd, and while playin, they said i collapsed, and when i woke up, there were paramedics around me. i went to the hospital, and the doctors told me i was dehydrated, i was in iv's durin the night, and was discharged later, but now im feeling the same again, but not to the extreme, what do u guys think???

cataquiroz24

Asked by cataquiroz24 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

• i've had the same problem, i was at a job interview . blacked out, got send to ER, they ran IVs and i still feel like that alot, esp. the next day, maybe its normal. I sat in bed , i felt so dizzy. my husband cooked & made me eat breakfest and drink lots of water! i had a almost near episode when i went walking so i always carry water.
    Good luck!
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Had to go when I was pregnant, morning sickness was so bad, I was throwing up my stomach lining. Couldn't keep anything down.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Yes. I have cyclical vomiting syndrome (it's as great as it sounds) and if it lasts more than a few days i have to go to the hospital.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have heard you should drink gatorade to help you not become dehydrated again.
    Ahinze

Answer by Ahinze at 9:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I went in with contractions with my first daughter 3 weeks before the baby was born, but it turned out I was dehydrated and that was what was causing my contractions I was pregnant though. There was one other time I woke up early in the morning thought dh was going to have to take me to the er. TMI, but I was constipated and couldn't go to the bathroom so I took a laxitive it says to take a whole glass of water well I didn't (only a sip to take the pills) and ya now I know why they say to take a whole glass of water lol. I was about to pass out, thought I was going to throw up everything told dh I thought I needed to go to the er. And I would agree with AHINZE because dh said wait before going to the er try drinking some gatorade so he made me some gatorade (we had the packets you mix in water) I drank a whole glass and started to feel better so you might want to try that and see how you feel
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• When I was prego. Get a big cup with a straw and drink water or a sports drink. Just drink drink drink constantly. stay away from caffeine and carbonated drinks.

Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sounds like your body needs to recoup. Drink plenty of water and get some rest.
    smileynikki712

Answer by smileynikki712 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• about 36 weeks pregnant I got very sick, couldn't even suck an ice cube or take a sip of water without throwing up. They gave me an iv and a shot, and were going to release me but I still wasn't feeling well at all so they kept me for almost 24 hours. It was the most uncomfortable I've ever felt.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I did twice before...once in high-school and once during my first pregnancy...it sucks...u need to take it easy for a day or two and drink even if not thirsty...just keeping sipping fluids...hope u feel better soon!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I had to go a few times when I was pregnant, but not when I wasn't. Hope you feel better soon!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011