Suicide; adult content

Teen suicide, what should they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Uh... well, not kill themselves, for one. What exactly are you asking? What should WHO do?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Im not to sure what exactly your question is? If a teen is contemplating suicide, they should call a hotline, reach out to someone, there are many options and people who care... I hope I was helpful?
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Not sure what you're wanting to know...any more info?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Call a suicide hot line?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Who??
    I can tell you what a teen should NOT do and that is kill themselves
    RISE_N_SHINE

Answer by RISE_N_SHINE at 10:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• WTF?
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Suicide threats should never be taken lightly, even if the teen may be using the threat as a way to gain attention, there is still a serious problem going on. The mere thought of it means there is trouble.
    Call a suicide hotline, go to a hospital, talk to a trusted adult...anything to get this person the help they need.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Without too much info, I'm not sure... But if there is any thought of taking your own life for what ever the reason might be. I would suggest talking to someone. There's a lot of places you or someone else can contact and seek help for someone with those thoughts. I'm not a counselor so I don't want to give you much group hugadvice whether right or wrong. Good luck

Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I was going through a deep deepression when i was a teen and i had suicide thoughts but never talked to anyone. I had low self esteem i didnt think i was worth anything and i was a cutter and i overdosed 5 times and the last time when i woke up in the icu it hit me i should have talked to someone. I thank God for giving me alot of chances and i havent had a suicide thought in 6 yrs. The ones that has not gone through it it is hard to answer a question like this because the ones that never went through does not know what it feels like to be in a deep depression and where our mines go. I suggest that if parents notices that there teen dont hardy talk to his family or friends anymore and he stays in his room alot and he seems depressed get him into counseling let your teen know that they can talk to you and how much you love them. I found out im Bipolar. I should have talked to someone. I go to counseling and it helps.
    Amanda2634

Answer by Amanda2634 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yeah, speaking with my therapist hat on, never take it lightly. Let a professional assess the level of lethality.
    4EqltyMom

Answer by 4EqltyMom at 11:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011