What movie was this?

I saw this back in the 1980s on TV I think it was on Disney, but I cannot find it on Disney Movie website. I don't know the title. In my memory it looked like a 1970s or 1960s movie.
It was set in the 1900s A boy has moved into an older house that turns out to be haunted by a little girl who has lost her doll. Apparently she was wealthy after her parents died and her uncle killed her when trying to discover where the money was. She didn't know. Her body was found in the well. The uncle was never charged. The boy tries to put her spirit to rest (I think that the family was broke and the bank was taking the house. Not sure about that.). At the end of the movie he climbs down the well (someone is after him as well- wanting the money) and he finds the girl's doll. The boy puts the doll on her tombstone and in front of everyone the girl materializes and thanks him and holding an image of her doll disappears. The physical doll rises up and smashes itself on the stone revealing gems and coins inside.
Did anyone else see this one?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 10:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Is it this?

Child Of Glass (1978) (TV)
    Set on a Southern plantation. The ghost of a little girl asks a young boy to help her find her China doll, which was used to smuggle a necklace of diamonds, which is still in it. The boy Alexander is about 13 years old, and the Creole ghost girl Inez is about 13 years old and has a French accent. The ghost girl has a ghost dog. Inez asks Alexander to help her by reciting a riddle. He has only a day or two to solve the riddle, or be haunted for the rest of his life. The doll with diamonds glows in the dark in the barn. The little girl sings "Frère Jacques." At one point Inez dances with Alexander. The girl's body is found in a well, and the boy finds the doll in the well, too, though at a different level. She fell into the well because she was looking for her doll, which was hidden in a stone inside the well.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 10:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I've never heard of it but it does sound interesting. Did you google Disney movies??
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Man I remember this movie too but sadly cant think of the name!!! I'll try and search it too and I'll let you know
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Sounds like a good movie, but doesn't sound like something Disney would make. Are you sure it was Disney? Have you tried something similar.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• child of glass
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I'm not sure it was Disney. Just that except for the Disney Channel not many channels did kids movies. It had the same feel as Disney's Blackbeard's Ghost or The Watcher in the Woods. I think it was a Disney Production, but not mainstream Disney. I've googled Disney movies but have not found it.
    I can still see thie girl bathe in a strangely bright blue light..
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Just checked Youtube. Yes this is it. I wonder why it wasn't on the Disney websites... Thank you all!
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Child of ghost?
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:21 AM on Apr. 2, 2011