Why Doesn't Disney make good live action movies anymore?

I just finished watching "The Watcher in the Woods." A Disney movie from 1980 and was wondering why Disney stopped making movies with mysteries or sci-fi plots any more. It seems that almost all modern Disney movies are either cartoons or comedic.
Any ideas why?

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 10:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Probably the chost
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 10:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• The movies they make today sell. That's all they care about. Since Wells died in 1994, Disney has went down the drain in my opinion. They're not nearly as magical as they used to be.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Disney doesn't make good movies at all anymore in my opinion
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• ARe you forgetting about the Prince of Persia....National Treaure....Pirates of the Carribean....ETC. Google "Disney Movies of ....whatever year you want. Its easy to find them. There ARE more than just cartoons.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Minne - I guess I am an oddball. I don't like any of those movies lol.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Minnesotanice: National Treasure wasn't a kids movie. Nor was it a teen/tweens movie The same with Prince of Persia. The Pirates movies could be considered teen movies, but they are comedies- action comedies. Disney did a lot of live action back in the 60/70s that were children's movies. : The Absent-Minded Professor, The Strongest Man in the World, The Computer that Wore Tennis Shoes, The Adventures of Skip and Marty.
    Yes those are comedies as well, but they were aimed at teens/tweens and had elements of science fiction/fantasy/horror in them. I'm not seeing this in the modern films. All horror/scifi/fantasy has been geared towards adults.
    elizabooks

Comment by elizabooks (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I don't know.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2011