I need FREE Easter Ideas

Easter is this month and I cant do anything for my kids. I cant even get them stuff from the dollar store. I am going to make them each a small little cake, what else can I do for them. There is NO Money for Anything, I already have cakemix. any idea would be appreciated.

Ambear72

Asked by Ambear72 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Shopping

• I seen on your other post that you receive foodstamps. Not sure if you know this or not but you can purchase candyfilled easter baskets with the food stamp card. not really sure how since the basket isnt edible but i have seen it done numerous of times...just thought you might like to know

Anonymous

• Oh wow thanks. I am usually out of money at the end of the month. I will look into that though. I didnt want to use my FS for candy, but thanks for the idea.
    Ambear72

Comment by Ambear72 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• You don't say their ages, but maybe you could write them a cute little personalized story about Easter for each of them or customized spring/Easter poems.Only requires creativity.

Can you print? Print out coloring pages/Easter mazes and activites from online and make coloring/activity books.

Maybe just make it a special day in terms of activities if the weather cooperates - plan a picnic at the park, a nice peaceful walk, maybe a scavenger hunt using things outside (dandelions, twigs, rocks, etc.) if you can't do an egg hunt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• think you can get the ones with the toys in it too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Usually local parks have Easter egg hunts, and so do most Churches. You could also let them use markers to draw on eggs for fun, or get glue out and let them make things to stick on them...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The Lions club here does have an egg hunt, We are going to that. I use food color to dye the eggs, but I think my girls preschool gives out egg coloring kits. My kids are 15,7 4 and 4. Im not so worried about what to do during the day, I should have said that in the orig post sorry. I need easter gift ideas, Nope cant print, we are out of ink.
    Ambear72

Comment by Ambear72 (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Have you ever used Freecycle? Check it out, maybe you can get some goodies, or maybe some craft stuff so that you can make them something or prepare something for them to make, and it's all free.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have in the past years with my kids drawn a stencil of a bunny's foot and then you put them from your door to whereever you want and put baby powder over the stencil so it looks like the bunny's footprints and I also have put some cotton balls in the door like part of histail got caught in the door. We also put carrots out the night before. It has worked for 2 years so far my kids are 5 & 8!!

Another idea for a basket is I have gotten those little plastic shopping carts (kids size) for the basket and filled it up with goodies!!
    15years2kidsnow

Answer by 15years2kidsnow at 12:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2011