Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay I need some advice

I've been really stressed out lately and I'm really thinking I need to go see a dr and see if I should be put on a medication to help with stress .... Noe who would I go see and what should I say I don't want to look crazy ????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2011 in Health

Answers (9)

  • Make an appointment with your regular Doctor and tell him/her just how you feel,-- tired all the time,easy to cry,want to run away and hide -things like that.Good luck and ask God for a helping hand.

    Answer by Tikismom at 12:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

  • Go see your Dr. and tell them what you are feeling. That's what I did. She put me on some medication and my kids and hubby noticed a big difference in me. Nothing to be ashamed of we all need help in one way or another at some point in our lives.

    Answer by HeidisMom800 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

  • Ya, you don't need any special doctor you can see your regular gp or even ob.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

  • i dont have a regular dr maybe i should go back and see my ob hmmm ?!?!?!?!?
    what kind of medicine do they put you on and is there any side effects??

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

  • They will probably start you on antidepressant. Just go to your regular doctor. They have probably had your records for a lot longer than anyone else.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

  • Find a family physician. They can direct you from there. Probably start you on an antidepressant and refer you to a counselor or psychologist if you want. I have been to psychiatrists and they really did nothing more than my family Dr. Just prescribed meds, so a psychiatrist isn't really needed. I found them to be more of a waste of money. A good GP and counselor will do the trick, unless your referred to psych for more serious issues. Antidepressants and their side effects vary greatly from person to person and from med to med. You may have to try a few before you find one that works, or the first one may work. You never know until you try. I've tried most all of them. Zoloft, and lexapro worked wonderfully for me. Prozac made me suicidal and just horrible. Others did nothing. Effexor made me gain weight, quickly. But everyone has different reactions. Good luck in finding what works.

    Answer by Astraea_79 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

  • A general practitioner should be able to take care of this. If not, they will know exactly who to refer you to.

    Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

  • Call your OB and explain what is happening. Ask for an appointment or a referral to another doctor. Any medication given has side effects. You can explain to the doctor your concern about side effects and discuss this with him/her.

    Answer by elizabr at 8:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

  • thanks ladies i have a appt thursday i hope it goes by fast im nervous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Mouth trouble adult content

Next question overall (Beauty & Style)
Cute hairstyle for baby shower?