HOW CAN I GET INFO ON AUTISM RESEARCH?

MY GRANDSON IS AUTISTIC, HE DOESN'T EAT VERY MUCH. WE CAN'T GET HIM INTO ABA THERAPY BECAUSE HE HAS NO INSURANCE TO COVER HIM.

TAYLORBRYCE

Asked by TAYLORBRYCE at 12:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I assume he is under 3 because thats the only age that they do ABA therapy with.....dont know of any reserach but they are going to need to get some sort of insurance for him, because the therapys dont get any cheaper.....I would suggest medicaid or ssi, if you can get ssi to help.
    I would also suggest going to your local health department, you might get lucky, they might have a clue....check in to your local colleges too, they might have autism teaching certificate course and they will need students to practice on...the child needs help now and frankly it very cruel to deny him because of lack of insurance...take a loan out,sell a vehicle....do what you have to do....
    I'm a mother of an autistic 12 year old girl so I know what the future may hold for you....especially if you can start the therapys now!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 12:31 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Check out www.medlineplus.com. In the search, type in "Autism." This is a website that all of the doctors and nurses at the local children's hospital gives to all of the parents of the patients. I hope that you find helpful information.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• There is a group on here called Autism/Aspergers/PDD Awareness Group.You may get more information from them.

TWIGGYMOM2ZnA

Answer by TWIGGYMOM2ZnA at 12:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFO.
    TAYLORBRYCE

Comment by TAYLORBRYCE (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2011