If you were out with your girlfriends and one of them had really bad body odor would you tell them?

HeidisMom800

Asked by HeidisMom800 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• yes... not in a rude way but I would say " You want to try my new perfume" or "this deoterant is so good, you want to use some before we go out? I know I sweat so much in the club, it's so hot and muggy in there." or something along those lines. Now I don't know if it's an odor like that or a feminine one but I know I would want to know if I stank. Just be cool about it and don't embarrass the person.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have been in the same situation. Even her sister talked about it so I wasnt the only one who smelled it. I felt that the sister should have told her. I didnt want to be the one. it was so kind of awful too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Plus having a friend that stinks looks bad on you and your friends. I know that sounds so vain but it's true
    June_Mama09

• if it was a one time thing no.. but if it was an every day issue i would tell her in a very polite manner.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yeah, I've done it to my sister too. I do it in a respectuul way but it would need to be said.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yep, we have each others backs like that. At least one person will always have some deodorant handy, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I had a friend who had this horrible odor, from "down there", it was totally gross, she would come over and my furniture would still reek of it the next morning, finally I sat her down and talked to her about it politely which was difficult for me because she really was a great friend and I didn't want to upset her, but I just couldn't deal with it anymore. She told me it was an infection and that she was being treated for it but it's been years and she still smells horrible :( needless to say our friendship died off because my stomach was too weak to handle it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would do my best to be nice and discrete about it as to not embarrass her but I would tell her. I've done it before and I feel bad at how red they turn
    EndellionMomma

Answer by EndellionMomma at 2:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would take her aside and quietly and gently offer some suggestions as to what might help right now in whatever situation we were in.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would have them try on my perfume just for fun. I really dont know.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2011