Do you let your pets sleep with your children?

I'm not talking about babies. No way would I let them sleep near the baby. I was just wondering on what you think.

HeidisMom800

Asked by HeidisMom800 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pets

• Well, babies? Obviously not. Children? I don't see the harm but it'd depend on what pet. Two of our cats no way. The other one would be fine. He is EXCELLENT with our daughter (unlike the other two, who are mediocre). But, he isn't a hardcore cuddler so I know it'd never happen.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yes, when we had cats they'd sleep in the kids room but not on bed and the funny thing was they were my cats. That was until I got pregnant with my YDS. Then they wanted to be on the bed with us. By the end of it I'd kick the cat off (not raelyl kick but you know). Then after YDS was born the cats got out and run away :(
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sure. I see no problem with it as long as the dog or cat is well socialized with the child. Though for the most part our dog sleeps with me and DH.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• When my oldest daughter was a toddler, she'd take her blanket and go sleep on the floor next to my rottie dog. She was adamant about sleeping with Mocha, and I'd just wait for her to crash out then take her to her bed.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Nope, no dogs in bed period.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Our cat can, but the 90 pound dog isn't allowed in the bedrooms.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The cats do and our oldst dog sleeps in the bed with my daughter.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My son is 5 and he LOVES it when our cat sleeps on him. Shes a very alert cat so I dont worry about him squishing her lol andif i had a dog, it would depend on the size and personality of the dog. I am an animal lover, so any pets we have are treated as family and like my children :)
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 12:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Pets are pets in our home, they don't belong on our beds.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• As long as they have had a bath and groomed yes. I bathe mine every 3 weeks or so. The big dogs don't sleep with them.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2011