Is there anyway to prevent a sinus infection?

I feel like I'm getting one and I'm trying to kick it before it really hits me. Any ideas?

I'm using my sinus cleanse thing, drinking more orange juice and I've been drinking that Emergen-C stuff as well as taking cold medicine (DH got sick, and I think mine is turning into a sinus infection now).

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Health

• I'm trying to kick one before it starts as well. (though I think it already started) a few days ago, my glands were swollen, I couldn't breathe from my nose, my sinuses hurt, and yucky gross gobs of mucous. I've been drinking lots of fluids (drinking hot tea and chicken broth helps a lot!), taking hot showers, trying to get as much OUT as possible, and today my glands don't hurt and are not swollen, and I don't have nearly as much mucous and can breathe through my nose. :) I hope it's working! lol. Just keep at the fluids (hot fluids, then blow your nose works well) and get lots of rest if possible. Hope this helps!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• This time of the year doesn't help any. With pollen coming out everyone is going to have sinus problems. Have you thought of a Neti Pot? Some people say that they work wonders.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have chronic sinusitis and it is more common if you have allergies. The doc just prescribed zyrtec and flonase for me and said if I don't get my allegeries under control it will always lead to an episode of sinusitis. Maybe it is the same for you.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 1:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2011