My 16 month old son bites his own hand

Whenever we don't allow him to 've his own ways this is the way he displays his anger...I 'm afraid that such self-destructive behavior will become a major concern for us in days to come ...tho' I strongly disapprove his this behaviour by telling him...but he doesn't seem even a little altered...Does anyone has any suggestion to tackle such things so that my son grows up with a positive personality

A11

Asked by A11 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• congrats for your son. He has found what gets a rise out of you. Don't let it. I think it will pass when he finally realizes it hurts him not you.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 1:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• For now I would ignore the behavior, not respond to it. This will show your son it will not get any attention and hopefully he will stop doing so.
    BoogsMommy

Answer by BoogsMommy at 2:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Redirect him whenever you can. Unless he is leaving marks on his arm ignore it. The little one I take care of is doing it too and we redirect him and soothe him. Stay calm and matter of fact, no anger.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2011