Any moms have Fibromyalgia?? (forgive my spelling)

How do you cope, in your day to day!!! How do you deal with the EXTREME fatigue and pain, while taking care of all your mommy duties?
I am going at it with no meds!

IneedAlattee

Asked by IneedAlattee at 1:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Health

• Im sorry to hear that I don't have it myself but my mom does...it only took them 10 years to diagnosis her...anyway her doctor told her that pain meds are pointless I know there is a depression med that is also suppose to help with the fibromyaligia...i think it is celexa...just out of curiousity but did you have a second opinon because i ve noticed that doctors have been handing out that diagnosis like lolipops...j/s
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 1:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Lol, I actually got a couple of opinions!! Much like your mom I have been suffering for years, and told 1000 times nothing was wrong with me!
    I have also heard that meds dont work, but then I hear they do?? so confusing.
    I want them but Im scared of how I will handle them, plus my insurance is not too good so its kind $$$
    Thank you for you response :)
    IneedAlattee

Comment by IneedAlattee (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have Fibro and Rheumatoid arthritis. ONe of the biggest problems with people who have Fibro is there vitamin D level is low. This causes extreme fatigue and pain in your legs and joints. So be sure to be checked for that. I have issues with pain meds and seem to have allergic reactions to everything except Ibuprofin 800's which are prescription. IF meds work on you or not is hit and miss. What works for you may not work for someone else. If your doctor suggests celexa or something there is programs you can sign up for that helps with cost and you can even get it for free. Good luck :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• mistynights, you are absolutely right about the vitamin d, mine is extremely low!
    I will look into some of those programs to help pay for the meds!
    Thank u:)
    IneedAlattee

Comment by IneedAlattee (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2011