I have a question about porn/strip clubs... adult content

I have read alot of woman are offended by their SO/DH looking at porn or going to a strip club. Can I ask why? I personally don't care as long as I know he isn't being unfaithful. I hear women getting mad at their men for masturbating too. BTW I am in no way judging I am just curious as to why you feel this way.

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 1:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I dont really understand it either maybe they don't trust him to begin with or maybe its just the unknown they should try watching porn or goin to the strip club I did I had a blast my hubby invited me one day when he was going and i actually had a really good time and didn't have to get all dressed up like i normally would to go to the club or bar because wasnt anyone in there lookin at me. i so went in shorts and flip flops lol
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 10:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Well the only thing I can think of is there might be other issues - IE the guy is looking at that stuff but not being attentive to their SO. I know that some men end up with issues being able to achieve release unless they are watching it :( That wouldn't be good. My hubby & I would watch those cheesey midnight movies now & then on TCM but after awhile I started to get bothered by it cuz he was getting excited but I wasn't the one exciting him. I didn't want us to then make love after that cuz I didn't know if it was me or the movie on his mind while we were having sex. Just a personal preference. I have no prob if DH wants to take care of business in the shower but prefer it be to thinking about me & not by looking at magazines, etc. Does that make sense?!?
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 1:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My DH can watch porn pretty much any time that he wants, unless the kids are in the room, of course. I don't necessarily like it, but I don't stop him. For me, though strip clubs are different. Watching people on a screen is different than seeing them in person.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I don't think my husband needs to be looking at other women when he has access to his own personal woman in the other room. When he's deployed, I don't care if he chooses to look at porn, but when he's home, I am not ok with it. I'm also never ok with strip clubs, particularly when he's deployed. There are better places for him to spend his time. I just feel it's inappropriate for a married man to spend time in strip clubs. I am fully confident that he will be 100% faithful, but that doesn't mean he needs to be ogling other women.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am not offended
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have often wondered the same thing. I figure if my dh is at a club, he gets all hot and bothered, then he comes home and we get it on, and I didn't even have to do anything! I think is pretty hot!! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Maybe if he is secretive about it, that would bother me. Watching porn or self pleasure is normal I think.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Doesn't bother me I like going to strip clubs, end up there a lot on girls night out because it's fun. Porn doesn't really bother me either, now I could see it bothering someone whos husband would rather watch porn then sleep with his wife. And for all the people who think men go to strip clubs to cheat its BS if a man wants to cheat hes going to cheat no if ans or buts, whether it be clubs, bars, work, hookers, or ex's.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 1:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I used to have a big problem with all this before because it made me feel like I'm not enough.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yes bethany i agree if its not by magazines...and what not but if its by u then it should be no problem....and iam not bothered by it either..sometimes its okay and strip clubs well like letlovegrow said if they are going to cheat they are going to cheat whether it be there or somewhere else so...yea idk just my opinion
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2011