Mother in laws!

How can I non rudely to ask my mother in law to stop giving me advice unless I wask for it??? Me and my husband and my daughter live with his parents and I know she means well, but Id like to try some things on my own without her telling me that Im doing something wrong or she would never do that to her children. Im not making any mistakes! Im not putting my daughter in danger, shes just overly involved. Any ideas?? I dont want to hurt her feelings or make her mad, or cause any prbolems, I just am tired of her saying you should do it like this or not like that or what i owuld do... Please help!

KaylynnsMommie2

Asked by KaylynnsMommie2 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have your husband ask her to stop. Make him know that it bothers you and see if he can say Hey mom she's doing fine leave her alone. See if he will say it in a way that make it look like its making him mad and not you. Had my hubby do that a few times.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Thanks! I will try that. Thanks alot!!
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I'd just pick your battles with her since you do live with her...either say Okay I might try that next time or for the things you just don't want to try, say I really appreciate your help and I know you care about your grand children but this is something I feel strongly about and I'd like to do it this way. If you have your husband say something she might feel like your afraid to talk to her or that you complain about her to him a lot. Just let her know that when you need her advice you will ask for it just say it nicely.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2008