Did I overpay them?

I was walking down a street in my neighborhood today and saw a guy weed eating/mowing his lawn. My yard needed it desperately so I stopped the guy and asked him if I could hire him to do my yard since I do not have a mower or anything. He gave me his number and I told him I would call him later. I did and two guys showed up with the mower weed eater and leaf blower and I offered them 20 bucks to clean up my yard, which is actually pretty small. It took the two of them half an hour to weed ea,t rake up and blow off the walk ways. I am wondering if I gave them to much? Just wondering becuase they seemed really excited when I offered $20 for the job. But I was only expecting one worker and didn't know it would go so fast.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sounds about right to me, I don't think you overpaid at all. If they did a really nice job you may have underpaid?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think it was fair. One man would have taken longer than an half hour. If they spilt the money they got 10 dollars for half an hour time. Good luck getting me to touch anything outside for a half an hour for 10 bucks. You did good.
    BoogsMommy

Answer by BoogsMommy at 2:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• no that good i paid boy 50.00 to do my yard to just rack the leave and we have lot it took him about 2 hours to do it.
    piglet91

Answer by piglet91 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I asked them if I could keep their number and call them again and they said I could.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• 20 sounds good, and if they keep coming back they think its good too. They have to live too.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 2:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I guess if they are happy then then they think it is worth their time huh? They did a great job to so it workrs both ways.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I live in So Cal & the gardeners that do my in laws yard are paid $85.00 & it is about 20' by 20' so very small yard - they are supposed to clean off the sidewalk & make sure that the bush line is clean as my in laws live in an HOA - I think that is ridiculous to pay so I think $20.00 sounds awesome!
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I should clarify that they come weekly & are paid $85.00 a month
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 2:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sounds fair.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Not at all... I live in a duplex and that is the going rate for my half.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2011