How can i stop my dog from peeing in the house!?!?!?!?

our dog would always sit by the door and cry that she needs to go out, and we would take her. when my ma comes she sits by the dorr and crys but when she is not here she just pees anywhere, she used to tell us when she had to go but she dont anymore! and it gets us mad that we keep having to pick up after her because she is a bgi girl and she knows what to do when she has to go.

melissa089

Asked by melissa089 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pets

• If she's old it may be a bowel/bladder control issue. I think my one of my dogs is paying me back for getting him fixed...lol. He started peeing in the house after he was fixed. I don't know why he had to start then. He doesn't come in the house very often now. But when he does he has to stay right next to one of us. As soon as I see the leg inch up I call his name and he stops and then it's right out the back door. Go figure!!!!!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• she is only 3 ,(21)... thats not old is it? my friends dog is 56 (dog years) and he only pees in the house if his sister dont take him outside.
    melissa089

Answer by melissa089 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If she isnt telling you she has to go potty then i think you should just start letting her out every hour or every other hour or so. Then she wont have the opportunity to pee in the house.
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 11:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Start re-training her. We had this problem with our female pom. Then we got another puppy and while we were training her, our older girl caught back on and now they all go outside, through the doggy door on their own. The best thing that worked for us was rewarding their outside potty with a treat. Give her a treat the minute you see her go outside.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Have you taken her in to make sure she doesn't have a medical reason for having accidents?
    If it isn't medical, try crate training or restricting her to a bathroom or kitchen when you are not home and when you are let her out every hour.
    Anonymous

• If there isn't a medical reason for her peeing everywhere, make her go out every hour or so when you're home. My dog is 4, yes 4, and I have JUST within the last few weeks gotten her completely housebroken. I just toss her little butt outside anytime she looks like she MIGHT need to go potty....
    LiviGracesmom

Answer by LiviGracesmom at 12:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2008