Any good ways to save money and live frugally?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• rkoloms has some good suggestions. I would agree to start with couponing. I use a site called Hip2Save. From there, the owner will help you to use other websites to coupon and save money. I also have a friend who is a mom, professional model, TV host, and author. You can google her or find her on Facebook by searching for "Nature's Beauty Secrets" by Dawn Gallagher. Her book will teach you how to make healthy, inexpensive eating choices, even all kinds of beauty items, and relaxation techniques by using natura ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. There are many ways to live frugally. Take all of the suggestions and ideas you receive and design a plan that's right for you and stick with it!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Start couponing :) www.commonsensewithmoney.com is a great site :)
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 3:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Extreme Couponing premeires this Wednesday at 9 p.m, on TLC. Tune it to that at it could save you $1000.00's of dollars a year.
    Live with less wants and concentrate on needs only
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Use less electicity, water and do not buy anything unless you really need it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• So many ways
    Hang clothes instead of using the dryer
    Unplug appliances not in use
    Buy used items
    Use cloth towels and napkins instead of paper
    Don't buy meat; buy dried beans and lentils, whole grains, etc.
    Make cleaning products
    Drink only water

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Join the Frugalistas group here on CM for TONS of tips and ideas.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Use freecycle, shop thrift stores, buy groceries on sale and that will determine what you cook for meals rather than making a list of meals and those meats are not on sale, trade stuff with friends....I have friends who trade furniture, make your shopping trips matter by always having a list, have a garden, plant fruit trees, use the library for books, DVD's, magazine, internet, sell clothes at consignment stores, recycle leftovers rather than letting them spoil, involve your family and it will be more fun and teach such good skills.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• A good way to save money is on food. I also hang up blankets that I wash instead of putting them in the dryer. Another good thing is clean your bathroom and kitchen with bleach water instead of the expensive cleaners. Buy cheap wash clothes and clean with them instead of paper towels. Coupons are great but often, you will do better if you just buy the store brand. Also, beware of the "making things from scratch" idea to save money for example, it is often cheaper to buy store bought cookie dough then to buy all the ingedients (especially if you buy the store brand).

JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have found another stream of income where I can work it how I like and make amazing money doing so! I have been to vegas twice thanks to my home based business and am going to Atlantis in August and about to earn a white mercedes! ha! I know it sounds crazy, but its true! Never thought I would be where I am today jsut by wanting to add little extra income which turns out to be the bread winning for my family. ha! Would love to share with you my journey! hope this helps!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 4:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011