Should i let her by this...

ok so my 8 year has been saving her money for almost a whole year now
last year at her birthday party she had a huge rock star party with over 200 guest and when we counted all of her birthday money she had $459.00 now with that money i told her that she should by something for her self that she needs nothing big just a little something well she ended up buying her about 5 summer outfits and matching flip flops now in the summer she spent the week with her dads side when she came back she had $300.00 dollars her grandma had told me that her uncle gave her $250.00 and the rest she worked for by:Cleaning up,helping out with the pets,watering the grass etc and for christmas she also got $200.00 from My dad and his wife i bought her a toy atm machine were she has been keeping her money and she has been doing a really great job she hasn't spent anything
now the question is should i let her buy this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went in to the mall and these are all of the items from justice and Maceys that she wanted to buy i didn't let her buy any of it i told her i would think about i dont really mind the clothes but the bikinis are a little bit too much i kind of felt bad because she has been saving her money and her birthday is coming up next week but Should i let her by this even tho im not going to allow her to wear them in public(the bikinis)?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 3:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow, all that money? Kudos to the 8 year old. Clothes seem like a waste of money to me.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• mom she is 8yrs old what and hell are you thinking at that age ,there are men out there praying on your daughter if she looks or dress this way ,put money in the bank and save it
    i can understand if she was 16 or 17 yrs old but no way ,rethink the matter will you please
    let her be child not teenager in time she can dress the way she wants when she much older
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think it's ok, just because she's only 8, now if she were developing it would be a different story, then the boys would really be looking at her.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If she is starting to develop a chest, then no on the bikini but otherwise I don't see too much problem - I don't have a girl (yet) & am not sure how I'd handle it. I think that if we were going to the beach where tons of ppl, then def no but if just going out in backyard to pool or to apt complex pool where not near as many ppl then maybe :-s
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 3:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I really don't see anything wrong with the tankini (the second swimsuit) however, I might be opposed to the first. I would compromise and let her get the one but not the other. I think it's good to teach her that even though she's using her own money, you still have rules and she still needs to follow those rules.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• now i dont have any girls ( but would like one someday ) but i only see one problem with the clothes she picked out and that is the first swim suit she picked out. now i would personally suggest you guys make a medium with her cloths. ones you both agree on because yes she is only 8 years old but she is also becoming her own person in a way. her likes and dislikes and such. dress's shorts and tops should be decent length and swim suit or bikini should be like the bottom one she picked out. it looks like a swim suit but has the style of a bikini and i would let my daughter wear it if i had one. but good luck and best wishs with your daughter.
    confusedmom83

Answer by confusedmom83 at 4:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Put it in a college fund for her if she doesn't need anything maybe and outfit or two your the parent its your call i think they are all cute, but i wouldn't take her to the public pool in the bikinis or anything, there cute but shes a little girl.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 4:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't let my 16 year old wear any of that. And your DD is only 8? You have different standards then me it looks like.

Answer by louise2 at 6:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would let my 8 year old wear the bottom tankini and the shorts and shirt. At 45 and being an older mom I have learned over the years that if you think something is really cute........its more then likely not age appropriate. There is nothing wrong with letting your girl at 8 have alittle more freedom with there choices in styles etc. Just remember to keep it age appropriate. There is NEVER a reason for an 8 year old to look sexy.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Before you let her buy clothes at Justice be sure you get a 40% coupon because their clothes expensive.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2011