Have u filed for Bankrupcy ?????

Just wondering if any of u have filed ...If u have did u come out of it ok? How long did it take you to get where u could finance a car or home? credit cards? Btw I do understand that it stays on your credit report for 7-10 yrs and that I would have high intrest rates. Please no bashing as u do not know my situation. Thanks for any help ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• I filed Chaper 7 2 yrs ago.....I also had different car companies mailing me offers to buy a car before it was final. I am doing fine credit wise. When I flied, I sure my CS score was double digets. AS for a home, thats harder to do now days but there are other options our there to finance a home. If u need to know what they are lets me know. DH finannced a home after his filing.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I filed a chapter 7 five years ago. Within a few months, a few credit card companies were sending me offers. I got a credit card from Orchard Bank and a Capital One and only used those sparingly. In January of this year, I was able to finance a brand new vehicle at 4.7%. It does stay on your credit report, however you can do things to help build your credit back up. My interest rates on my credit cards are relatively low. One is high, but I used it as needed. It's not the end of the world. It's a reset button but you have to learn from it and not get yourself back in the same predicament.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We filed and since then have bought a house and a car. The most important thing is to have a perfectly clean credit history after the bankruptcy, no lates no nothing for any reason. It has to be perfect
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We did a chapter 13 a year ago. we have to pay on it for 4 more yrs. We cannot buy a house for 4 more yrs.
    Major purchases have to be approved (cars)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Me and my ex filed bankruptcy about 8 years ago......My credit is still affected by it, but at this point I don't really care, lol. I have zero debt and no credit cards and a prefer it that way
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• *and we cannot have any credit cards either
    charlotsomtimes