Illness during pregnancy, any advice? Maybe some TMI, if you're a light-stomach person.

So, 35.5 weeks pregnant, I've had a cold for 4 days now. Went to hospital yesterday after 24 hours of gasping for air due to asthma acting up (caused by the cold.) They gave me 3 tabs of prednizone, a nebulizer treatment (albuterol and saline) and tylenol. I've been taking tums for heartburn, but am switching to pepsid in the morning. Does anyone know if there is any concern with the combinations of these meds? During pregnancy? I know for the most part they're ok on their own.

I felt decent for a few hours yesterday, but the prednizone has worn off, and we couldn't pick up the prescription yesterday. The albuterol helps a little but not as much as the pred.

So it's 5am, and I'm waiting on the pharmacy down the road to open so I can go pick it up. They sent me home with an inhaler with a spacer.

Other symptoms are: Nausea, vomiting (though I think that's brought on by the coughing.) Coughing which brings on shortness of breath. Runny nose. I had a fever but I think that broke sometime tonight because I'm not cold and clammy anymore. And the pregnancy symptom of heartburn, which is getting worse.

My stomach feels very acidic. Is there anything I can do to help make that better? Something I can eat or drink that might help? Thanks for the help in advance!

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 5:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 1 tablespoon of honey mixed in a glass of warm milk and try eating yogurt. When you lay down, make sure it's on your left side and prop your upper body . I had heartburn so bad when I was pregnant too, it's miserable! Also eat smaller meals and avoid deep fried and spicy foods. I feel for you bisketliss, I hope you get some relief soon!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• if you eatting don't over eat and don't under eat have drink juice and milk don't forget you have to nurish urself more often then you did, rest during the day or when you have bad feeling and tired. Eat in bed if you have to. Cook light food and healthy (vegetable soup, salad, fish from dr's choice list, cheese) b creative with the food you cook u will see its going to change all what you going through. Take care of yourself, get well soon.
    remedy373

Answer by remedy373 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i would call ur ob
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2011