I don't want to sleep with my man... :(

please, please help. he wants to have sex "constantly" ... or so it seems. when i actually realized how often we sleep together ( maybe once a week ) i was shocked. how did this happen? we have a very new relationship, and he's great in bed. but after four short months of serious dating, i'm totally more willing to sleep than to get down. how can i increase his patience and my desire? i am desperate, i don't want this to go down the drain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• i'd tell him to get the heck off me, and let me sleep. if he can't respect that you actually want and need sleep, he can't respect you for anything other than a good-time ride. in other words, he doesn't respect YOU, the woman giving him that good-time. and if that is the case, you need to roll on, and find someone who can do BOTH.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• are we talking about actual sleep or what? i may have misunderstood your wording. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:21 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• It's a lot of compromise! Seems like when you first date you both are more into it, but it eventually slacks off a bit.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• What have you tried to do to increase your desire? There are herbs and plants that can help to increase your desire. You can try growing some Jasmine, and clary sage. The aroma may help with your problem.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sometimes when a person feels "pressured" to have sex, that in itself decreases your desire. Try talking openly and honestly with your man. BUt understand that once a week or so might be the minimum for a normal healthy man. I'd agree with stitchintime that you may be able to try herbal supplements, massage maybe?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Let him know how u feel...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• find out the reason why you dont want to. are you under alot of stress at work or elsewhere? Talk to your doctor. And tell him that its not him at all, but something that you have to work through. Try doing other romantic things like cuddling or oral sex.
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i would say you maybe need to discuss this with him. he may not even be aware you are feeling this way.
    aka_speezolove

Answer by aka_speezolove at 9:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Just talk to him. If he's not willing to take your thoughts on the matter seriously, then i would reconsider who I was dating. Never let a man pressure you to do anything. You are worth more than that, and you will find a man who does understand and cares about your feelings.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I understand. I love my hubby and am still very attracted to him, but more often than not, I'd rather sleep than have sex. He can have sex all the time it seems but me not so much. At the end of the day I feel drained. Maybe you can try the herbs, but also communicate to him that it's not that you've lost attraction, its just your drive is suffering and there are lots of reasons for that. Are you stressed or anything??? Anyway good luck, hope it works out!
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2011