Did you hear what Ashlee Simpson-Wentz named her baby?

Bronx Mowgli Wentz

Poor child. I can imagine the children he will be going to school with, having seen The Jungle Book, jumping around him making monkey sounds. WHY don't people use their brain when naming their child?!? The name may be cute when they're little, but the parents need to keep in mind that it may be on a business card someday... and that it will be that person's first impression. Case in point... two boys I went to school with, brothers, named Yourhighness and Prince.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 1:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I've often wondered why celebrities in particular feel the need to give their children weird names? 

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I know! Apple, Moon Unit, Dweezel... I could go on and on. But celebrities are setting an example that everyone is following. To extremes, I'm afraid. A patron at my mom's work (optometrist office) named her son Shithead... but insists it's pronounced Shetaid.  ::::rolls eyes::::

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My mom once had a patient who named her twins Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. No lie.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I was taken aback by what they named their son... that kid will probably grow to resent his parents for giving him such an unusual name. there is nothing wrong with having unique names and all that, but there is a certain line that i dont think you should cross...
    UhLeeshUh

Answer by UhLeeshUh at 2:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Many parents including some on here don't think about the poor child that has to live with the overly trendy and lame names they come up with. They are selfish and are all about what feels good to them at the time. As a person who legally changed my name because my brilliant mom named me Pebbles Beelzebub I say think before you name your child.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think it is cute. I love unusual names. Names like Emma, Emily, Sarah...blah, blah, BLAH. Interesting and fun names - unique are what I prefer.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't think that name is as bad as Inspektor Pilot, the name given by Jason Lee and his former GF. Jason lee is the guy in my name is earl and was also in Dogma and many other shows.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 7:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Now, I'm not a Hollywood celebrity or anything, but there must be some sort of competition between the A-listers and B-listers to see who can come up with the most ridiculous name for their children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I like Bronx....but not Mowgli....ugg....thankfully we can usually hide our middle names.....

I had 3 sister students named Sensation, Temptation, and Passion.....

My husband had a student whos name was Shithead.........prounounced Shi-thed......but spelled like SHITHEAD.....poor kid.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Ashlee Simpson had a baby?? lol! I had no idea!

Isn't Mowgli the name of the little boy on Jungle Book? Poooooooor kid!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2008