Stress Free Holidays

What have you started doing to decrease your stress at the holidays? Any rituals you have eliminated?

Gingersmom1979

Asked by Gingersmom1979 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Holidays

• Stopped exchanging gifts with the entire family, only buy for my spouse and children.

Shop early; shop online.

Do all my decorating on Black Friday; no way in hell I'd be out and about with the lunatics out there. I'm sorry but there was a woman on the news yesterday who was thrilled that she found gumballs for $6 --- I mean, REALLY!!!!

Decline invitations to do xmas dinner at everybody's house in one day; we rotate who will host Xmas on a yearly basis.

Don't buy into the hype and commercialism of the season; get back to the true meaning of the holiday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my mom gave me one of her nerve pills...lol no really..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I shop all year and then bake in December. The only stress I suffer is stressing about how much I'm eating while I'm baking....lol
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2008