have you ever been so stressed out about everything in your life and your teens acted up and you tooked it out on them????

cacountryangel

Asked by cacountryangel at 2:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes...and I immediately felt terrible! I waited until I cooled down and went to them both and apologized for my behavior. It was humbling and it's never to late to say your sorry. Chin up Mom...it'll be okay....{{HUGS}}
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:55 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yep I have, they love us unconditionally. We are not perfect alls we can do is apologize.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yup! Poor kid,I felt horrible and I just want until I cooled off and went to him and said "sorry I took it out on you, but mom is really stressed and what you said/did was the last straw, so I made a much bigger deal o fit than it was" Now if either of us seems to over react to something he will say "mom I think this is misplaced anger" and go in his room and we discuss it later. Noone is perfect and admitting we were wrong helps our kids learn how to cope with things and admit their mistakes.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think we have all been there! Apologizing & explaining to them why it happened helps. I would never make it a habit of taking it out on her, that is not fair!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Not me, I'm perfect!...LMBO!! Every parent has blow steam off in their kids' direction at least once.
    I have been under stress and took it out but what I hate is my 17 and 15 yr will later recall the situation and come out with an entirely different story, making me look a million times worse then what really happend.
    Anonymous

• yes. It happens. I think that is why God made teens....to give us someone to vent on. (ok that was a joke) In truth, it does happen. They push our buttons. Life pushes our buttons and sometimes the twains shall meet. If you crossed a line just apologize. Teens love it when parents do something wrong. It validates your feelings for them when you can say you are sorry.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• yeah. its awful but jonathan becomes my sounding board more times then not when im frusterated. course many times he is the reason i am frusterated.
    i am working on it. deep breaths and all. but as a mom i know i can always do better.
    5ontherock

Answer by 5ontherock at 7:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Yes I agree with u girls,but it is hard when one of them snap n then u snap even harder.Sometimes I feel my boys 14 n 17 r out to mess with me.They no if they push me I will freak out, I try 2 walk away n somwtimes I dont say I am sorry cause then they think it was my fault instead of there's really I feel that way .......Irishbtch622
    Irishbtch622

Answer by Irishbtch622 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2008